2018 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
If you need a well-appointed truck that’s tough enough to haul your equipment for Lexington jobs and tow your RV to Kentucky Lake for the weekend, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for in the 2018 RAM 2500. This heavy-duty pickup truck offers three different engines and the ability to tow nearly twenty thousand pounds. It’s no wonder the 2500 performance has been so well-received.
How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
- When equipped with the standard engine, the RAM 2500 maximum towing capacity is 13,890 pounds, with a maximum payload capacity of 3,060 pounds.
- Opting for the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine will award you with a Best-in-Class max towing capacity of 16,320 pounds and a maximum payload capacity of 3,990 pounds.
- When the RAM 2500 is supported by the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine, the maximum towing capacity is 17,980 pounds with a maximum payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
RAM 2500 Engine Specs
- Standard: Your standard engine on the RAM 2500 will be a 5.7L HEMI® V8 with Variable Valve Timing that delivers an impressive 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade: If you can’t get enough when it comes to power, the upgraded engine is for you. This 6.4L HEMI® V8 produces a Best-in-Class gas 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: Drivers who prefer or require a diesel truck will have a 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine that offers 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque.
Ready to Take on the 2018 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity?
If power, brute strength, and dependability are what you seek, then it’s easy to see why a new RAM 2500 is meant for you. Visit our dealership near Louisville today for a test drive, and get ready to have all eyes on you on your way home to Covington! If you have any questions before stopping by, feel free to contact us, and be sure to take a peek at our latest offers and incentives.
More on the 2018 RAM 2500
First impressions of the all new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited First of all, I have to let you know something. I’ve been a Chevy guy all of my life. I own Chevrolet dealership and so I’m in the awesome position to be able to drive any Chevy I want in any color I want. (I…